Tuesday, February 13, 2007

How a Woman Thinks

Blue Car
Yellow Car
Red Car

My husband and son make fun of me because my observation skills seem to go out the window when it comes to describing cars. I usually describe them by color. Period.

I laughed out loud when I read the following sentences in the book, Wandering Through Winter by Edwin Way Teale. It seems I am not the only woman who describes cars in this way!

"It was in this section of the trip that Nellie began concentrating on the "fieldmarks" of automobiles. It was a mystery to me, I had pointed out, how anyone able to note slight plumage differences in sparrows and warblers and shore birds had difficulty telling a Ford from a Rambler or a Chrysler from a Buick. Her explanation, not without logic, had been:

'The trouble is automobiles keep changing their plumages.'"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahhh ha hahaaa... drives my husband crazy! Too funny...

I was random reading on the AO blog ring. Enjoyed your blog!

THANKS for sharing!