Tuesday, June 17, 2008

June Joys


  • On my evening walk I spotted the first fireflies of the season. Always a thrill!
  • The heavy, sweet smell of linden tree blossoms is pervasive this evening.
  • A purple finch showed off his colors to me today.
  • Children in the driveway with paintbrushes in hand, happily creating art work.
  • Pork chops wafting their tantalizing aroma as they cook on the grill.
  • Fresh strawberries.
  • Reading The Sign of the Beaver late at night in our jammies.
  • A big bowl of popcorn and a good movie: I Am David

Most of these summer joys are perennial; enjoyed year after year. Yet the newness of the season makes it feel as though I am experiencing it all for the first time. The mercies of the Lord are truly new every morning. Great is HIS faithfulness!

3 comments:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Love that finch photo!

Just stopping in to say hello from one homeschooling mom to another!

Angela DeRossett said...

Sounds lovely.... I must say this summer has 'pulled me in' as well.

Amy© said...

Fireflies are my absolute favorite thing about summer!