- On my evening walk I spotted the first fireflies of the season. Always a thrill!
- The heavy, sweet smell of linden tree blossoms is pervasive this evening.
- A purple finch showed off his colors to me today.
- Children in the driveway with paintbrushes in hand, happily creating art work.
- Pork chops wafting their tantalizing aroma as they cook on the grill.
- Fresh strawberries.
- Reading The Sign of the Beaver late at night in our jammies.
- A big bowl of popcorn and a good movie: I Am David
Most of these summer joys are perennial; enjoyed year after year. Yet the newness of the season makes it feel as though I am experiencing it all for the first time. The mercies of the Lord are truly new every morning. Great is HIS faithfulness!