Thursday, February 26, 2009

When I Lay My Isaac Down: Unshakable Faith in Unthinkable Circumstances When I Lay My Isaac Down: Unshakable Faith in Unthinkable Circumstances by Carol Kent


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
A gifted communicator and speaker, Carol Kent's world crashed down around her when her son shot and killed his wife's ex. An only child, her son had an exemplary military career and an impeccable record. His trial and subsequent life sentence was a nightmare for a mother to live through. But live she did, thanks to her faith, strong marriage, and network of supportive friends. Carol came to see that for her, "normal" living would have to be redefined. She and her husband picked up the pieces of their shattered family life and have learned to be fruitful in a place they never hoped to know intimately: prison. The title correlates with the Biblical story of Abraham and his obedience to God in placing his only son on the altar of sacrifice. This is a touching memoir and would be healing balm to any parent who suffers because of the choices a beloved child makes.


View all my reviews.

No comments: