I've been reading blogs this evening, looking at the New Year's resolutions and goals that others have set for the new year. Taken as a large dose, the good intentions that have been penned are both inspiring and a little overwhelming. Most bloggers have thoughtfully resolved to read more good books, drink more water, eat more veggies, and run more laps. Good things, all.
- Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood...Make big plans, aim high in hope and work.
- Daniel H. Burnham
- US architect & city planner (1846 - 1912)
Been there. Done that.
This year I'm not going to write any resolutions or goals, because I always set the bar too low.
God has shown me His extravagance, and it is above and beyond what I could ask or imagine.
- I save pennies for a week-end away. He gives us 2 weeks in an oceanfront home, no cost.
- I try to get a few families together for homeschooling fellowship and He drops a whole co-operative school in my lap.
- My goal to use a little cubby at church as a homeschool library blossoms when the librarian finds 10 one hundred dollar bills under her windshield wiper with a note saying it is to be used as seed money for a library.
- The seemingly unaffordable goal that I had for my daughter's musical compositions was to have them professionally recorded. The recording has been done~~largely a gift~~ at a cost within our means.
- Our goal as a church has been to obtain a radio station. After waiting many years, it appears yet again that our request was too small......the answer is larger than what we asked for.
Need I go on?
God is BIG beyond my wildest comprehension and EXTRAVAGANT in His lovingkindness to me. This year I want also to be extravagant in pouring out the ointment of my love at His feet.
Blessed New Year!