Tuesday, January 27, 2009

String Art

Judging from the color schemes I find in the pattern-book, The Beautiful String Art Book, this was an art form that must have been popular in the 70's. No matter, we are updating the colors a bit and charging ahead with this project. Each of my children have picked a pattern and I have had them enlarged at Kinko's. We have the smooth plywood backgrounds and are ready to paint.

I expect the better part of the work will be spent putting dots on the templates where the nails will go. I also expect that this will take a lot of time, patience, and even math skills in order to space the nails in order correctly.

We do art appreciation in our home on a regular basis, and have over the years done quite a few one-hour type of projects. I've been feeling the need to do something a little more significant, something they could be proud of completing. This fits the bill. I can't wait to see the finished results!

1 comment:

Joyful Days said...

Looking forward to seeing your artwork. That always looked like fun to me.