Friday, November 03, 2006

Poiema

I love the word "poiema", a Greek word which is used in the following Bible passage:

"For we are His workmanship (poiema), created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10

Though I am not a Greek scholar, my research shows that "poiema" comes from an ancient Greek verb, POIEO, meaning "I create". As God's creation, His people are His poetry, His poiema, His crowning masterpiece.

This Poet-Creator reveals Himself as the "Word" in John 1:1:
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

As I live out the poetry of my life, that inherent love of words (and especially THE WORD, scripture) is His signature mark~~ an evidence that I bear the image of my Creator.

I hope the words of this personal journal will be a blessing to all who read them.

No comments: